Quaintwithpaint

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Radio, who knew?



On a recent picking trip I came home with this box. I thought it was cute. The top is broken, but clamped together and I think I can fill the crack and make it look nice. My son and I were looking at it. I didn't understand the holes inside. He noticed that there were hinges on the inside. He said, I think this was a radio. We found a manufacturer in it, David Grimes. Andrew got out the WD-40 and got the hinges working and did some internet research. Sure enough, he was right! This is an old radio box! 

So, what do you think of it? My son thinks I should buy an old radio and return it to its former glory. I think it would be a nice box for storage, maybe for cell phones or iPads since the cords can fit through the holes and not be seen. What's your opinion?

No comments:

Post a Comment